Early diagnosis of stomach cancer
Periodic examination of the stomach is recommended to detect latent and early forms of gastric cancer.
Risk factors for stomach cancer:
- Helicobacter pylori infection;
- hereditary predisposition;
- polyps of the stomach;
- peptic ulcer, chronic gastritis, dysplasia of the gastric mucosa;
- duodenogastric reflux;
- bad habits: smoking and alcohol abuse;
- hypo- and hyper-vitaminosis;
- poor nutrition;
- eating disorder;
- other diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
If there is at least one risk factor, the recommendation for examination is more urgent. However, this does not mean an obligatory negative outlook for the development of a tumor disease.
Diagnosis of precancerous and neoplastic conditions of the stomach includes:
- examination by a therapist, gastroenterologist, oncologist;
- endoscopic diagnostics (gastroscopy, gastroduodenoscopy, fibrogastroduodenoscopy, VEGDS);
- X-ray of the stomach;
- ultrasound of the abdominal segment. If an additional examination is necessary, the NSC has all the clarifying diagnostic high-tech methods.
Modern medicine has sufficient capabilities for the treatment of malignant stomach pathologies.
Anxiety symptoms for which it is advisable to think about the need for examination:
- fatigue, weakness;
- nausea and belching;
- decreased appetite;
- feeling of discomfort in the abdomen.
At the National Scientific Oncological Center, it is possible to examine the gastrointestinal tract as part of the Check-up "Gastroenterological" package.